The most important part of weight loss is having a diet plan; Actually we keep seeing calorie counts and western cuisines all over the internet. It makes it difficult for us Indians to follow western cuisine everyday just in the name of diet. So, I took the liberty of making a simple everyday diet for weight loss.
Minimum calories your body needs in a day to keep you up and functioning – 1200 calories.
In fact anything below this level will hamper your health and your healthy weight loss.
On a daily routine most of us divide our diet plan into
- Break fast
- Evening snack
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. The way you plan your breakfast has a major impact on your total weight loss diet plan.
You have to meet 400 calories in your breakfast alone just by having a delicious huge breakfast.
As this is a very important topic I have written a separate article just for breakfast ‘Best breakfasts for weight loss (Indian)’. Have a look at it for your detailed breakfast planning.
From here on Lunch and dinner can be divided in between 300 to 350 calories by giving 100 calorie space for drinks and snacks.
To meet all your carbohydrate and protein needs you can have –
- 2/3 chapatis (rotis)- preferably without oil. Made with whole wheat flour or multigrain flour.
- One cup dal – Dal is a Indian lentil soup that we all know. Use toor dal or moong dal for this preparation. Never use masoor dal as it can cause disease called lathyrism.
- One cup veg sabji / small portion of lean meat – Avoid vegetables like potato and choose vegetables like bottle guard. You can have you lean meat either grilled or cooked but not oil fried.
- One cup – Curd/ yogurt.
- I cup of rice – Always choose red or brown rice.
- One cup dal/sambar – Use green leafy vegetables in dal for betterment of nutrition.
- One cup veg fry/ lean meat – Avoid vegetables like potato and choose vegetables like bottle guard. You can have your lean meat either grilled or cooked but not oil fried.
- One cup – curd/ yogurt.
Evening snack –
- Green tea – with honey or black coffee ( As there is no milk added this has less to zero calories depending on your sweet tooth )
- A normal coffee or Tea – As traditional Chai/tea is made with dried ginger it is good for digestion and keeps your metabolism up and running.
- Bowl of salad – you can have fresh vegetable salad/ fresh cut fruit salad / Just munch on some baby carrots.
- 2-3 chapatis/rotis – As mentioned earlier preferably without oil. Made with whole wheat flour or multigrain flour.
- One cup – curry made with soya nuggets/ any pulses
- One cup salad – you can opt vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce etc
According to Ayurveda intake of curd during night time causes, lethargy and weight gain. So I skipped curd . You can always have a warm glass of milk before sleep if you like.
When I mentioned pulses – Keep a chart for a week and try adding all the pulses. Like chana/chick pea, Rajma/Kidney beans, Soya, Green gram, Horse gram.
Try using spinach and other greens twice to thrice a week.
Lean meat – Chicken & Fish
Non- Indian cuisines –
- A chicken sandwich with less cheese and mayo + Some spinach salad
- Egg salad sandwich with lettuce salad
- Rich soups like mushroom/mixed veg/meat
- Whole wheat pasta with chicken/shrimp/mushrooms
- Vegetable sandwich
- Salads with steamed/grilled meat.
You can use have above mentioned items as either lunch or dinner. Always mix and match foods. Dieting doesn’t have to be restricting ourselves from tasty food. You can eat tasty and healthy.
This is the diet plan for people who are not doing any exercise and leading a sedentary life !
If you have any questions regarding health, beauty &wellness please don’t hesitate to ask. Stay happy and stay blessed 🙂 Much love<3
Follow me on instagram for more!
Join our facebook family!